Sunday, October 23, 2011

In-laws – STAY AWAY! They cause anxiety

I have an in-law. This person shall remain nameless, because they know who they are. I can’t stand this person. This person is the only in-law I have that I swear I could just hit over the head with a blunt instrument and not even blink. I like all my other in-laws.
I’ve learned to just stay away from this person, but there are times when I have to come into contact with them and just talking to this person turns my stomach.  Take last Christmas – if they sold industrial strength Prozac (you know, a gallon size bottle that I could secretly pour into a flask that hid on the inside jacket pocket) I would buy it!
I’ve learned to control how I feel, but sometimes, when I’m low, I have to stay away or my anxiety builds. Take tonight for instance, they called and I avoided answering the phone. Before, I would feel guilty about doing this, but now? No – not at all.
So today, I’ve won my first battle with the paper bag and I feel proud as punch! It’s starting to happen. I’m actually winning and I'm quickly learning how.

No comments:

Post a Comment