Friday, December 31, 2010

We are Not Alone

We are Not Alone

Ironically, I don’t like to suffer alone, but do not like to have anyone touch me while I am suffering a panic attack. Don’t ask me why, it’s just the way it is. Usually the scene unfolds of me sitting on a chair or couch and I’m fidgeting in some sort of way, trying in vain to hold still and needing someone – anyone – to sit with me. Just their presence helps me to calm down quicker than if I were alone when a panic attack hits. I think this is part of the reason why I don’t like to drive long distances alone. I sometimes have to call either my mother or husband to talk to me as I drive (on the speaker phone of course! I am always safe) so that I can calm down enough to keep driving.

I wanted to know if anyone “famous” suffered from panic and anxiety and I found this list. I was astounded and surprised at the many famous and distinguished people who suffered from anxiety and panic. Some I could see them as panic sufferers, but others not so much.

I am hoping that 2011 will bring the end of my panic attacks. I am tired of fighting my way out of wet paper bag as I am sure everyone on the list above is too.

No comments:

Post a Comment